Friday, April 28, 2017

Five For Friday (April 28th) - Japan, Ducklings and Gratitude!

Hello Friends! It's that time of the week to think about all the great things that have happened and give a little gratitude! I want to give a shout out to Kayse Morris over at Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this linky each week!  So here's my five things I'm grateful for.....what are yours?  Comment below and let us all know what's going on great in your classroom! 




More babies on the way!! We are super excited because our caterpillars are all in their chrysalis and we have some duck eggs in our little incubator!  The ducks are scheduled to hatch on MONDAY!! We are SUPER EXCITED!  We aren't sure about the delivery date of our butterflies....but we are watching them closely every day!




I always have to give a shout out to the #1 man in my life....spent last evening at my son't final band concert of the year.  The sounded FABULOUS!! ❤️🎺




One of my Fab Firsties brought me these beautiful lilacs.....oh my gosh.....my room smelled heavenly.  And it's my favorite flower! Made my day! (Don't judge the vase.....LOL)




We spent the week learning about Japan! We had a special presentation from a family in our community, we read lots of books about Japan and watched some videos.  We made some super cute crafts and tried some traditional Japanese food.  I have a full blog post all about our week here with a great FREEBIE for my followers so that you can do these lessons in your room too! Check it out here





Finally, I leave you with my Friday Funny......so this week was kindergarten registration at our school......no need to say more.  


Hey you fabulous teachers!! The countdown is here.....we can do this!!  Be sure to hop on over to Doodlebugs Teaching to see what other great teachers are doing in their classrooms! Keep on smiling and check back next week because there's always something fun happening in.....


2 comments:

  1. Ducks and butterflies? That must be so exciting for your firsties (and for you too). Lilacs are my favorite flower!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past, we had a monarch butterfly in its chrysalis in my room all winter. It came out during class one spring day. We took him outside in a shoe box, sang Happy Birthday, and it flew away. Check out my blog to see the baby hummingbirds I had the privilege to watch hatch this spring in Arizona.
    Spring is the best time of year!
    Beti
    Once a Teacher, Always a Teacher

    ReplyDelete